Rosacea is a chronic inflamed skin condition with oval redness in different parts of the body. It can be seen intensely in the nose area in some people, and for some people this may cause redness in the eyes. Rosacea first occurs with temporary and then permanent redness, sometimes with recurrent skin rashes. This disease is often confused with acne, eczema and skin allergy. Moreover, it is more common in spring and is not contagious. Unfortunately, if left untreated, it may cause psychological problems as well as permanent scars in a highly visible area such as face.
On the other hand, Rosacea is usually seen in people in their thirties, especially in women with blonde, light skinned. The incidence in women is approximately 10%. Lesions usually increase with stress.
Causes of Rosacea
– malnutrition, irregular and unhealthy nutrition
– digestive system diseases
– biliary tract disorders
– genetic and psychological factors
– being exposed to sunlight
– use of alcohol and cigarette
– hot shower
– excessive bitter, spicy food and chocolate consumption.
– Recurrent burning and redness on the face,
– Redness of the face becomes darker and more permanent, with small, red swelling or inflamed pimples on the nose, cheek, forehead and chin.
– Burning or persistent tenderness in the eyes, red, swollen nose.
Treatment of Rosacea
Rosacea usually progresses in attacks, increases and decreases from time to time. But, there is no definitive treatment. However, there are various treatments that can relieve the signs and symptoms of the disease.
Most importantly, you should avoid disease-causing factors. To prevent from this disease, you should maintain skin health and balance of skin components. In addition, you should use sun cream to protect your skin from sunlight and moisturize the skin regularly. Use of alcohol, cigarettes and other tobacco products should also be avoided.
Finally, depending on the severity of the disease, there are also antibiotic treatments, creams, anti-inflammatory drugs, laser treatments, cosmetic products or some surgical procedures.