Benefits of Dragon Fruit
In this post, we will inform you about an interesting tropical fruit: Dragon fruit, whose homeland is Vietnam, is slightly sweet and low in calories. This fruit is also rich in protein, fiber and carbohydrates. Thanks to its low sugar content and fibrous structure, it can easily find a place in diet lists. Now, let’s take a look at the benefits of dragon fruit:
- It contains strong antioxidant properties with high amount of vitamin C in its content and strengthens the immune system. By preventing free radicals from entering the body, it fights with the signs of aging and protects the body from diseases.
- It supports bone development with its high calcium content and prevents osteoporosis.
- Its fibrous structure provides a feeling of satiety for a long time and helps to lose weight
- Research shows that dragon fruit is rich in oligosaccharides, which helps support the growth of intestinal bacteria.
- Thanks to the lycopene substance it contains, this fruit reduces the risk of developing heart and vascular diseases. Due to its acidic feature, it balances the pressure in the blood and thus prevents diseases such as high blood pressure.
- This juicy fruit increases the body’s liquid ratio, protects the moisture balance and prevents skin dryness.
- Its beta-carotene content helps prevent cataracts by protecting the eyes from harmful free radicals.
How Can You Consume Dragon Fruit?
After peeling its skin, like kiwi, consume dragon fruit with the black seeds inside it. You may also use it in making desserts and cocktails. Furthermore, dragon fruit is a great option especially for making pink cheesecake.
You can add to your salads by chopping them in cubes, as well. Thus, you will add color and flavor to your salad. Or you can add visuality by putting it next to your dessert or meal plates.
If you have a serious illness, your stomach is sensitive or your body is allergic to many foods, we firstly recommend you to consult your doctor.
Related Post: Benefits of Goji Berry Fruit