It seems easy but it is not. Preparing a barbecue requires full-time dedication (fire and crafting), plus a few guidelines to prevent the product from grill go straight to the trash. Here are some tips from the book The Barbecue, by scar Manresa y Toni Garca Ramn. Read this article carefully and find all kinds of solutions so that you do not face any kind of accidents.
What kind of meat should I choose?
- The best is the meat of bovine: sirloin steak, steak (a classic), empty and entrea. A hamburger is a good option, but it takes good care of the raw material.
- If you choose the pork, the Iberian feather is very acceptable option, in general it is always juicy.
Some tips for cooking meat
Must be at room temperature, never fresh out of the fridge (ideally between 33 and 35 C).
If you choose steak, It must weigh a minimum of 1k or 1k and 1/2. The roasting time is 4 minutes on one side, turn it over, add coarse salt and leave it for 3 minutes, Let it rest before serving.
The beef tenderloin must reach an internal temperature of 48 ° C.
If you are going to prepare Iberian penKeep in mind that it is very fine, so do not overdo it with cooking.
In the case of pork ribs, scar Manresa recommends roasting it in the conventional oven at 130 C for 4 hours before putting it on the grill. It will come out tender and juicy fixed …
In the case of chicken wings, One trick is to marinate them in water with soy sauce for several hours, remove them and cook them in the conventional oven at 100C for 1 h and then grill them.
To give you a special flavor to the different pieces, you can marinate them before roasting them. The ideal is to have them a couple of hours in the chosen marinade.
Sauce recipes to accompany
Ingredients for 6 people: 2 large cans of piquillo peppers, 1 large tub of cream cheese, 400 ml of chicken broth, salt, pepper.
Instructions: grind it all up and heat it up. Rectify with salt. Serve it hot.
Ingredients for 6 people: 2 dl of milk, 250 g of gorgonzola cheese, 50 g of capers, salt, pepper.
Instructions: heat the milk, melt the cheese in it and add part of the capers. Crush it, add the rest of the capers and add salt. Serve it hot.
Ingredients for 6 people: 1 onion, 200 g of clean mushrooms, 200 ml of evaporated milk, 1 tablespoon of cream cheese, Extra Virgin olive oil, salt, pepper.
Instructions: chop the onion and brown it in a little oil. Add the chopped mushroom, cover and cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Add the milk and cheese, stir well and cook until a somewhat thick cream is obtained. Salt and pepper it, crush it and serve it hot.
Option 4; Green Mojito
Ingredients for 6 people: 1 bunch of coriander, 6 cloves of garlic, 10 cumin seeds, 10 ml of white vinegar, 250 ml of olive oil, salt, pepper.
Instructions: crush the garlic with the salt, cumin and vinegar, in a mortar or blender glass. When it has the consistency of paste, add the oil little by little so that it emulsifies. Chop the coriander and add it. Rectify the salt and keep it in the fridge until consumption.
Option 5; A lot of herbs
Ingredients: 500 g of Greek yogurt, salt, organism, thyme, chives …
Instructions: sterilize a gauze by boiling it in water. Remove it, drain it well and arrange it in a bowl. Mix the yogurt with the salt and put it on the cheesecloth. Tie it into a bag. Hang it up and drain the liquid overnight. Chop the herbs, untie the atillo, arrange the cheese in a bowl and mix it with the herbs. Keep it cold.
Be careful with the fire
- You can start with the lea. Most of gurus recommend holm oak or oak as basic but to go to practice, he assures that the briqueta it is the perfect fuel.
- To ignite the fire, the fireplace ignition It is, without a doubt, the fastest and most practical resource.
- Another important aspect is the Utensils necessary that every barbecue should have: good tongs and a poker for the fire are important. In addition, scar Manresa ensures that his wardrobe does not lack the thermometer, sharp knives, a few mini grills and a brush to spread the meat.
- Do not complicate with Coal and uses the classic Argentine quebracho.
- According to the meat temperature, If you want it rare, oscillate between 52 and 55 C, for “to the point”, between 55 and 60 C.
- Once the fire is lit, remember that the flame is the best enemy of the barbecue. They are only interested in embers. If you don’t have a thermometer and you want to know its temperature level, Manresa gives good advice that should be followed with caution: bring your hand close to the heat of the embers, if you cannot count to seven without removing it, the fire is ready.