Why Edema Occurs?
Edema is the presence of more fluid in the skin and other tissues, also in the intercellular distance than it should normally be. Although edema affects any part of your body, you may notice more in your hands, arms, feet, ankles, and legs. When you can not remove the edema from your body, swelling occurs in various parts of the body.
The main causes for the edema are:
– Too much salt consumption
– Kidney, liver, heart, thyroid gland diseases
– Some medicines (especially for blood pressure, hormone, pain and rheumatism medications)
– Hormonal changes in women before and during menstruation.
In general, it is recommended to do the following to remove the edema:
– Limit processed food intake
– Eat a balanced diet, limit your meat consumption
– Move, exercise and walk regularly
– If you need to sit for a long time, try to keep your legs high
– Drink plenty of water
– Don’t use alcohol and tobacco
– Drink herbal tea instead of beverages containing caffeine
Tea Recipe For Relieving Edema
The diuretic properties of parsley are an excellent natural remedy that helps relieve swelling and edema. With its rich potassium content, parsley also helps to protect against unwanted side effects of mineral imbalance.
Tea recipe containing parsley to remove edema from the body is as follows:
- 1 liter of water
- Half a bunch of parsley
- 1 lemon
- Half green apple
- 1 stick cinnamon
- A piece of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of green tea
- Pour 1 liter of water into a pot. Add parsley, lemon, green apple, cinnamon and ginger to the pot.
- After boiling the mixture for 10-15 minutes, remove the pot from the stove.
- Add green tea to the pot and let it steep for 3-4 minutes.
Note: You can drink this tea 1 or 2 times a day. However, if you have any other health problems, we recommend that you consult your doctor first.