Turmeric is delicious as well as health benefits! We can say it is a natural medicine. Furthermore, a nutritious and powerful antioxidant! It has anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties. Consuming turmeric is also very effective in combating diseases such as cancer, arteriosclerosis, chronic inflammation and mental disorders that are seen frequently and decrease the quality of life nowadays. So how?
The compounds exist in turmeric are called “curcuminoids”. Curcumin is the most active and important component of curcuminoids. The secret is hidden in this substance:
- Curcumin cleans plaques in blood vessels and prevents blood clots from forming.
- In addition, this component regulates the level of growth hormone, thereby preventing aging in brain functions due to aging.
- Furthermore, curcumin has anti-inflammatory properties and therefore effectively fights inflammation and protects your metabolism.
- Cancer occurs in an acidic environment. But turmeric is highly basic. Therefore, it acts as a protective against cancer.
- Turmeric helps the gallbladder to function properly, protects the liver from the harmful effects of toxins and effectively regenerates liver cells.
However, this miraculous spice having so many benefits has a flaw. Unfortunately, the intestines can absorb very little of turmeric. In other words, curcumin is not well absorbed by the body.
So is it possible to eliminate this problem? Of course there is a cure. As we mentioned in the title of our article, consuming turmeric with black pepper!
Red pepper and black pepper contain the substance “piperin”. The most important benefit of the piperine is that it increases the absorption of curcumin and makes it ready for use by the body. In this case, the absorption rate of curcuminoids in turmeric reaches almost a hundred times. When you add olive oil to this duo, the amount of turmeric absorbed doubles.
So how should we use this trio? There is no trouble in consuming two teaspoons of powdered turmeric per day. You can add a quarter of a teaspoon of black pepper and a teaspoon of olive oil to turmeric.
You can consume turmeric optionally by adding it to your salads, meals and drinks in powder form.
Next article: Healthy Foods that will Keep Your Body Warm