Homemade Cough Pastil
Sore throat and cough are unavoidable in winter and cold weather, and most people, especially children, suffer from them. Then, here is a natural homemade pastil recipe that does not contain any chemicals or additives.
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon powdered clove (or 3/4 (one half + one quarter) pieces of a clove)
- Half a glass of water
- 1 glass of sugar
- 1 tbs extracted honey and lemon juice
1. First, add sugar, lemon juice, honey, water, powdered ginger and powdered cloves into a small pot. If you can’t find powdered cloves, you can use 3/4 (one half + one quarter) pieces of a clove. But, remember to remove it from the pot later. Otherwise, it may taste bitter.
2. Boil for 15/20 minutes and switch off the cooker.
3. Wait until the mixture reaches the consistency of syrup.
4. Then, drop tiny circles on the baking tray or baking paper with the end of the spoon.
5. Allow to cool for about 25 minutes.
6. Finally, sprinkle lightly powdered sugar over drops.
Next article: Raspberry Leaf Tea