The social network belonging to Facebook recently enabled a mechanism to recover deleted material.
From the first versions of Windows, mechanisms have been enabled to recover deleted files. However, that social networks such as Instagram add this function to their platforms is more applauded due to current demands.
Restoring deleted content can be very useful in any context where you want to recover files from the past.
The process of recovering deleted content on Instagram is very simple, but it has certain variants that you will learn about below.
Restore content on Instagram
From the support page, Instagram notes the following:
From the settings you can restore photos, videos, reels, IGTV videos and Instagram stories that you have deleted. Content you delete is immediately removed from your account and moved to Recently Deleted.
Content in Recently Deleted is automatically deleted after 30 days. Instagram stories that are not in your story archive are deleted after 24 hours. During those 30 days, you can access the content deleted from your account in Recently Deleted in the Instagram app for Android or iPhone and restore or permanently delete it.
To restore content or permanently delete it:
- Tap the profile icon or your profile photo in the lower right corner to go to your profile.
- Choose the three horizontal lines in the upper right, then tap Settings
- Click on Account and then tap Recently Deleted.
- At the top, tap the type of content you want to permanently restore or delete:
- Several icons will appear to tell you if these are profile posts, IGTV videos, reels, or archived stories.
- Tap the photo, video, or story that you want to restore or permanently delete.
- Press at the top right and then Restore in the profile or Restore to restore the content, or Delete to delete it.
Note : Keep in mind that if you don’t see the content you want to restore in Recently Deleted, the content is likely older than 30 days or the stories older than 24 hours.
What happens if I miss the 30 days?
Instagram notes that recently deleted content is automatically deleted after 30 days. Instagram stories that are not in your story archive are deleted after 24 hours. During these 30 days, you can access the content deleted from your account in “Recently deleted” in the Instagram app for Android or iPhone, and restore or delete it permanently.
The entire removal process can take up to 90 days. After 90 days, copies of your content may be kept in the backup storage that we use for recovery in the event of a disaster, software error, or other data loss event. We may also retain your information to address legal issues, condition violations, or harm prevention initiatives. Get more information about it in our Data Policy.