Menopause is a biological change that every woman experiences after a certain age. During menopause, the estrogen hormone decreases, the menstrual cycle becomes irregular and ultimately discontinue. Then there will be some physical and mental consequences for women. Hot flashes, sweating, mental depression and irritability are the most common types.
But are there no cures or remedies to eliminate or reduce such complaints of menopause? Of course there are. One of them is natural herbal teas. Our other advice is the foods you are advised not to consume in period of menopause. In this article, we have compiled these herbal teas and foods for you to ease the problems caused by menopause. Then let’s get started!
Herbal Teas Recommended for Women in Menopause
The natural folliculin hormone in sage is good for flushing, night sweats and palpitations. It is beneficial for women over the age of 40 to consume it because of its metabolic strengthening effect and delaying menopause. It is ideal to consume 2 cups a day.
Chamomile containing folliculin hormone like sage, shows the same effect. You can consume it 2 cups a day.
Anise contains natural estrogen. It is useful for the treatment of problems such as sleep disorder, gas colitis, indigestion as well as menopause.
It has the function of delaying menopause like sage and relaxes the nervous system. Then how can we benefit from this plant? You can prepare your tea by throwing 3-4 daffodil flowers into 1 cup of boiled water. You only need to consume once a day.
Yarrow, which is a natural estrogen plant, relieves contractions and pains in the uterus. It also balances menstrual bleeding and reduces menopause complaints. 2-3 cups per day can be consumed.
Mental situations such as insomnia, stress and restlessness are common use of melissa tea. You can consume 3 cups a day to get a better result.
Parsley, easily found in every home, is also a natural source of estrogen and is very effective in relieving menopause complaints. You can brew yourself a delicious tea from fresh parsley.
Foods To Avoid Eating in Menopause
1. Reduce your consumption of pasta, rice, potatoes, white bread. Prefer unrefined carbohydrates (whole grain, rye, oats…) and dried legumes (chickpeas, beans, lentils).
2. Do not consume large amounts of red meat. Instead, prefer to eat chicken or turkey meat.
3. Stay away from processed packaged foods (chips, biscuits, crackers…) and fast food. Pay attention to your salt and sugar consumption. Let us give you a useful information then: Women in menopause are not recommended to consume more than 5 grams of salt per day.
4. Do not drink alcohol and don’t smoke. Because these make the body more resistless and may cause to hot flashes. Then, it may be inevitable for you to feel more restless, aggressive and stressful.
Moreover, due to its stimulant effect, do not drink too much caffeinated drinks such as coffee, tea and cola. Instead, drink plenty of water.
5. Fatty foods also among the foods you should avoid. Fatty foods can be a burden to your body more than ever. Because during the menopause your hormones try to get used to new order. To fatigue your body with fatty foods will not be a right choice. Therefore, consumption of saturated and trans fats should be minimized. Furthermore, cook your meals with the methods of grilling, baking or boiling.
6. Spices: Stay away from spices such as chili peppers and black pepper which will increase the temperature in the body. Otherwise, the body temperature will deteriorate more.
7. Do not consume extremely hot food and drinks. Extremely hot food and drinks can increase your body’s temperature in an instant and cause to hot flashes. Therefore, consume soup, hot chocolate, herbal teas and many other foods and drinks while lukewarm.
In this article, we have listed our recommendations for women entering menopause. However, you had better consult your doctor before you undergo such changes.