Easy Crafts for Kids to Do at Home
I love to be creative, but sometimes it’s fun to let the kids get out there and create their own projects. These crafts are great for parents and kids alike, because they’re easy enough to tackle on your own or with a group of friends. Plus, you can use them as an excuse to get outside and enjoy nature!
Playdough is a fun, inexpensive craft that your child can do at home. It’s made by adding flour, salt, oil and water to play dough. There are many different ways you can make the playdough but here are some of our favorite recipes:
- Flour Marshmallow Recipe (1 cup)
- Salt Water Dough Recipe (1 cup)
Pom-poms are a great craft for kids to make. All you need to do is string or yarn a few pieces together, then add some Styrofoam ball (or other round object) and voila! Pom-poms!
- Take two straws and tie one end of your string around the middle of each straw so that it forms an X shape. The longer piece should be on top and the shorter piece should be underneath it beside where you want your pom-pom to sit. Tie these together at their ends with another piece of string or yarn; this will form your first pom-pom loop.
- Take another piece of string or yarn about 1 inch longer than what you just made above; wrap this around both ends twice and knot tightly at both ends so that there are no gaps between where your knots were placed (this will help keep them secure). Repeat steps 1 through 3 until all four layers have been created; when finished, cut off excess material from inside each layer with scissors before tying them back together again using more strings/yarns depending upon how many layers were created by using different lengths throughout each step.”
Build a Bird Feeder
To make a bird feeder, you will need:
- A bucket or other container that is large enough to hold about 2 cups of seed. You may also use an empty food canister if you have one available.
- Wood or metal screws and nuts (for skewering the top) and wire cutters (for cutting off the bottom).
- What you need:
- Glitter glue (I recommend this one)
- A small bowl or cup to mix your glitter in
- How to make them:
- Pour some glitter into the bowl and mix it with some water until you get a thick mixture that has the consistency of toothpaste. Then add more water until your bubble mixture is at its desired consistency. You can add more water if needed, but keep in mind that it will take longer for the bubbles to form and dry out once they’re done forming!2. Take about two tablespoons worth of this mixture into each cup/bowl and swirl around until it’s all mixed up evenly throughout the cup or bowl—this will prevent clumps from forming when painting onto paper later on down below 3.-4.-5.-6.-7-8-9
Make Your Own Sidewalk Chalk Paint
- Paint the sidewalk with sidewalk chalk paint. You can use a paintbrush, but we recommend using one of these easy DIY chalk paints instead.
- Mix the paint in a bucket and then dip your brush into it to apply it to the sidewalk. If you don’t have a bucket, use any container that will hold at least 1/2 cup of liquid—you’ll be covering up some serious ground!
- Roll out more layers by painting on top of previous coats of paint until it’s completely covered with stripes or designs if you want something more abstract than straight lines (like ours). Our favorite way is to use a roller because then there are no drips from my clumsy hands!
- Keep covered until dry by taping down edges with masking tape so stray drips don’t ruin anything else nearby; this also keeps kids away from potentially dangerous messes like chemicals or sharp objects lying around which could cut them if stepped on accidentally while playing outside.”
Make A Tin-Can Wind Chime
Making a wind chime is a great way to get your kids interested in music and sound. You can make it out of any material you want, but tin cans work best because they’re cheap and easy to find around the house.
The first step is cutting off the top of each can with scissors or an exacto knife, then scoring one edge so that it will fold over itself when you bend it over in half. Next, secure one end of your wire by sticking it through both layers of metal at once (you may need to use pliers). Now all you have left to do is hang them up!
Homemade Bubble Snakes
To make the bubble snakes, you’ll need:
- A big bottle of bubble solution (like Dr. Pepper) or water. You can also use rubbing alcohol if you don’t have any other options.
- A container to put your snake in once it’s finished and then store it safely until next time!
Easy Sticks and Stones Crafts Kids Can Do At Home!
Easy Sticks and Stones Crafts for Kids: In this article we will talk about the best way to make a stick or stone craft for kids.
This is an easy project that can be done at home by anyone who has some time on their hands. All you need is paper, glue, paint and some creativity!
DIY kids activities crafts at home and fun for the whole family
- DIY kids activities crafts at home and fun for the whole family!
- Easy to do at home.
- Crafts for kids are a great way to spend time together as a family, or with friends.
So, there you have it: a list of easy craft ideas for kids to do at home. Hopefully, this article has given you some inspiration for your next family activity! Many of these ideas are easy enough for even young children to participate in—and many can be done outside on the porch or front lawn as well. You’ll find that homemade activities are fun and entertaining, too. We hope this post inspires you to go out and make something today!