If you like veggie soups, you can prepare a very delicious soup using healthy vegetables like carrots, onions, and potatoes. In this article, we will give you a chance to make your meals more delicious and healthy with this carrot soup recipe.
Carrot is one of the most beneficial vegetables for our health. There are dozens of ways to consume this vegetable and, maybe one of the most delicious ways is to use it in a delicious soup.
Below, we will give you a healthy recipe that can make your day. It is a very simple and practical recipe, so it will not take your time and energy to prepare it. There are only a few ingredients in this recipe and you can make this soup by using vegetables such as carrots, onions, potatoes. Let’s look at the details;
Yummy Carrot Soup Recipe
1 kg of carrot
2 medium onions
2 medium potatoes
2 spoonful butter
1 tablespoon of oil
2 tablespoons of curry
2 teaspoons of vinegar
6 cups of vegetable broth
How to Prepare Carrot Soup
– Peel vegetables and chop roughly in the same size. Heat some oil in a large saucepan.
– Add the vegetables and cook slowly until they get golden brown.
– Put some curry powder and mix all vegetables. Cook the mixture for about 4-5 minutes. Put some vinegar.
– Add the vegetable broth little by little, and make sure that the vegetables do not stick to the bottom of the pan.
– Reduce heat and cook for 30 minutes until all ingredients are soft.
– Finally, puree and strain in a food processor. Then, sprinkle with salt and pepper and reheat.
Why Should You Eat This Soup?
You should make and eat this soup because it is both delicious and healthy. The main ingredient of this soup is carrot and there are many benefits of this vegetable on your health.
The Benefits of Carrot
There are very good vegetable alternatives in winter and carrot is one of them. It makes great support to the human body and positively affects its functions. Here are the most important features of this vegetable;
- High cholesterol is an important factor that causes heart problems. Regular carrot consumption lowers cholesterol levels and thus protects us against heart problems. In this sense, it is necessary to eat carrot to prevent any probable heart problem.
- In addition to this, the carrot positively affects eye health. It contains vitamin A and it is very effective against eye diseases. Eating carrots contribute to vitamin A intake and reduces the risk of developing eye diseases.
- Most importantly, carrots affect insulin resistance and they can lower blood sugar. By doing this, it can make diabetics live a normal and healthy life.
- Furthermore, carrots have antiseptic properties and they can protect our bodies against liver ailments.
- As it is a rich source of vitamin C, carrots stimulate the activity of white blood cells. This situation has positive effects on people’s immune system and strengthens immunity.
- Carrot is one of the foods you can consume to improve oral health. Minerals in carrots stimulate gums and secrete excess saliva. Saliva is an alkaline substance and often fights dental caries, bad breath, and other bacteria.
You may also want to look at other healthy recipes. If so click here to see more healthy recipes.